Friday, March 17, 2006

Lenten Yarn Fast

My sister called me because our mom had told her about the latest misadventures of my son involving a diaper and a dog's water bowl. She asked me how giving up yarn for Lent is going, and I told her that it was going well and that I had a blanket almost finished because of it.  She told me that she loves the blanket I had made for her, that she uses it every night when she watches television.

Awwwwww.  That made me go all warm and fuzzy. Nothing is nicer than hearing that someone actually LIKES and USES something that you made for them.

But yeah, I gave up the acquisition of new yarn for Lent. Partly because I can not resist new yarn especially when it's on sale, partly because I already have an excess of yarn waiting to be used, and partly because it was a challenging enough sacrifice.  I was tempted today seeing the 1 lb Caron Simply Soft skeins in the store, and even wondered if there was any truth to the rumor that Lenten restrictions are suspended for St. Patrick's Day.  But I was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment