Friday, April 28, 2006

Practice washcloth finished



The yarn is Lily's Sugar and Cream in the beige ombre whose name I can't recall because I lost the label--my bad.  I used size 10.5 needles because I like a soft washcloth.

The practice washcloth is finished.   The main goal of this project was to teach myself how to do a k1f&b increase and a ssk decrease.  However, I have not learned to do the ssk correctly.   I was slipping the stitch knitwise and it should have been slipped purlwise.   No matter...at least I learned the basic idea.

The pattern is basic:

Cast on 3 stitches.

To increase:  on each row k1, kif&b, k to end--repeat row until cloth is the width you want.

To decrease:  on each row k1, ssk, k to end--repeat until 4 stitches remain on needle.

To bind off:  k1, ssk, then just bind off the row as if the first two stitches were just normal k's.

Now, I can move onto my first adventure in circular knitting with double-pointed needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment