Sunday, May 7, 2006

Update, for anyone paying attention

With a final exam coming up and my son being sick, progress on all things yarn have pretty much slowed down to nil.  But here's what (and where) I'm up to:
  • The granny square baby blanket is in the final stage.  I'm half-way done joining the squares, then all that's left is a decorative border.
  • The son's knit-from-the-top-down hat is going well:  about 4 more inches on this needle, an inch on the smaller needle for a nicer roll (per the book's suggestion) and then it's done.
  • The son's sweater has been horribly neglected--I last left it with my working on the front(s).
  • Same for the mohair/wool scarf:  nothing done on it in the last few weeks.
After my final, I'm going to try and tie up as much yarn work as I can before we have to pack and move. I'll have to decide what project(s) to bring with me to work on during the drive back.   On the way out here, I made washcloths:   about one a day while on the road.  On the way back, I may try an elementary sock, or a knit-in-the-round scarf.

Today, I bought two sets of double-pointed needles in sizes 9 and 10.  It's hard to find knitting needles in sets of 5, which is what all my sock books recommend I use as opposed to using 4 needles.   But I found some bamboo ones at JoAnn and since I had a 40% off coupon, I decided to go ahead and get them. And that will be it for yarn and yarn-related purchases until we move.

Hah!  I wish...we all know I won't stick to it.  Still, I'm going to try to.

I also need to start culling my leftovers stash for the move.   Some of it was promised to charity; the rest is going to Freecycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment