Sunday, July 8, 2007

Knitting List Bingo...and a crochet version too!

This was inspired by a rant on KnitFlame about how the same topics keep coming up on KnitList. So why not use that to entertain yourself?

Knitting List Bingo
How to play:

1. Get the Knitting List Bingo Card (800 x 600)

Updated Version:

Original Version (still playable):


There's also a version for crochet lists as well:

2. Pull up your favorite knitting or crochet list...by the way, this game doesn't just apply to KnitList: you can use it with any knitting or crochet group.

3. Every time you see something on the list that's in one of the squares, mark the square off. When you get a row across, down, or diagonal completed, you have Bingo!

4. Wild Cards: if any of the following occur, you can use it as a wild card and mark any space:
  • Advertisement for another group
  • Double post (2 carbon-copy posts from the same person; quotes of earlier posts don't count)
  • Moderator smackdown of member(s) or whole group
  • Moderator rejects your message (it must be a bona-fide message, not random junk)
You can also play this as a drinking game: just take one sip of your favorite beverage (leaded or unleaded) each time you see something on the list that's on the bingo card. Take two sips for the Wild Cards.

I'm too easily amused. My Google searching didn't show any knitting list bingos out there, so this might be the first one. Enjoy it, road test it, and if you feel inclined to do so, send me feedback so I can improve it. I'm going to play some later tonight.

Moving on...I didn't get a lot of knitting done while I was away. All I have to show for it is one washcloth. I did find out that there's now a yarn store right near where I used to live, and I bought back a skein of Trekking XXL sock yarn in pastel colors. I had taken a picture of it as well as all of the cotton yarn I just bought (I think I have an addiction to cotton yarn), but my camera's memory card went south last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment