Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My mohair is here!

When I was pregnant a couple of years ago, I had bought some King Cole Mohair yarn in Paris (the color, not the location) to make...oh, I don't know. I guess it was to make something pretty to wear when I was 9 months' pregnant. Well, I never got around to finding a use for it, and it pretty much fell out of my mind. The other week, I was sorting through the stash and found it, nestled in a bag full of black wool.

Mohair and black wool. Why not?

So I'm making a scarf with the mohair and black wool mixed together. It's got a nifty rainbow effect that the black tones down enough so it's not overpowering.

I didn't think I'd have enough for my project, so I called the yarn store where I bought it two years and 1600 miles ago to see if they had more. Yes, they did...but not in the same dye lot. I took a chance on it anyway: it's a variegated yarn so unless the difference is something as drastic as all the blue being replaced by yellow, it should work out fine.

The mohair arrived today and it's absolutely lovely. Slight difference from my original skeins, but nothing bad. I'll use the original two skeins up first, and then take things from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment