Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bleh

The stomach flu has been making the rounds among my unit:  patients sick left and right, then staff.  I became the latest casualty.  The last 48 hours have been spent in bed, running a fever and yacking my guts up.  Today the yacking stopped and the fever broke...but I still have some other stomach issues so I called out.  

Dale is a perfect nurse.  He got upset over having to go to school because he wanted to take care of me.  After he came home, he parked himself in my room to stand guard.  He brought me wet rags for my head (he could have wrung them out first but I wasn't complaining), got me ginger ale, and told me stories...well, he quoted the Lego Star Wars Mini-Films verbatim.  And of course at night, he told me that he had to snuggle with me in case I needed him.  How could I resist such TLC?

Back to bed I go.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your sick, Hope to be better now. Dale is so lovely person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweet little guy!!! I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still catching up on posts, so please forgive the lateness of this comment. I hope you're feeling better now, with the help of your little nurse.

    Out of curiosity, which of the LEGO Star Wars films was he quoting? My husband writes most of them and is always happy hear his work is being enjoyed. (He also apologizes if it was the most restful bedtime reading.)

    ReplyDelete