Saturday, July 9, 2011

Energy or Lack Thereof

Despite being a short week at work, it was an action-packed hectic week.  There is definitely a lot more medical issues on the floor, which I'm happy about it as I'm brushing up on my med-surg skills.  I do a lot of reading at home after work.  This is my one day off this weekend, as tomorrow I have to go to a recertification class.  Of course, I'm dead on my feet despite going to bed at 9:30pm and sleeping until 7:30am.  It's raining out though, so I don't feel that guilty about being slothful.  I will take Dale to a museum today though, since it's not fair to him to keep him locked inside and bored because I'm tired.

I always said that if I could bottle Dale's energy that I'd be a billionaire.  He's perpetually in motion!  I don't know what time he eventually fell asleep as I crashed before him, and he's the one who woke me up this morning.  I don't know how he does it.  We suspect that he's got a little ADHD in there along with the ASD, but the Vyvanse didn't really help him out a lot.  When we get out to San Diego and find a new doctor for him, we'll have them evaluate him.    

Dale has had a better week at school.  He's still not thrilled to be there and every day this week he got cited at least once for behavior issues, but he's handling it better.  He's also calmed down at daycare, so I think he's found something of a routine for himself.  And then his dad and my better half will be home soon so that will help him.

I have changed my opinion about the DK Winter Socks.  They're not perfect but they feel pretty good on the feet.  I wore them yesterday at work and they were comfortable even in the heat and humidity we have.  Go wool!

I have gotten the basics of Continental down.  I can knit!  My fabric is uneven, the gauge is a little looser than when I knit English, my hands feel awkward while I'm doing it, and I can't say it's really faster than English...yet.  But I'm doing it.  I'm working on some coasters in Continental:  I figure after making a set of four I'll have the knit stitch down pat.  Then I'll work on learning the purl stitch.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I knew when I read that you were a mostly self-taught knitter that you'd have no problem teaching yourself Continental!!

    Sorry your little guy is having a rough go of it in school. If it makes you feel better, my son had an EPIC meltdown tonight at a friend's house. And that friend happens to also be our pediatrician. Good times.

    ReplyDelete