Sunday, July 24, 2011

How about me?

We went to a theme park today.  We didn't do much because Dale didn't want to do anything we wanted:  it was either what he wanted or he'd melt down.  This is how it is a lot of the time, and it is frustrating because just for once, I'd like to be able to stop and check out the stores, see some of the shows and ride the rides...instead of riding the train around the park, hiding in the arcade, and hearing from him about everything he doesn't want to see/do.

I told my other half that one day, we need to come back up here without Dale and why.  That upset him and he started lecturing Dale about how sometimes we have to do what Mommy wants and not just what Dale wants.  I told Other Half that it's pointless to do that, that Dale is focused on Dale and doesn't get that it's not always about Dale.  I know a losing battle when I see one..well, usually I do, anyway.

It was still a fun outing though.  We beat the storms home and now I'm watching the lightning strikes as Dale watches The Fairly OddParents.

I finished another pair of baby socks.  As soon as I graft the toe I'll post good pictures of them and the specifics.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, can I relate to that post!!! I wish I had some advice, but ah, I got nothin'. We're dealing with much the same.

    Can't wait to see the socks!

    ReplyDelete