Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy Wales

If you celebrate Christmas, I hope you're having a Merry Christmas.  If you're not, whatever holidays you celebrate--or don't celebrate--this time of year, I hope they are joyful for you.

The first sock of Sock 15.0 is done:


Wales 1 of 2
I finished the toe this morning.  I am in love, love, love!   There's a lot I could fix on it.  I made the ribbing using size 2 (2.75 mm) needles accommodate my calves, and then switched to size 1 (2.25 mm) for the rest.  Instead, I should just make the cuff in size 1s but with a few more stitches--I think it would look better.  I dropped from 78 stitches on the leg to 72 on the foot, which made for a pleasantly snug fit...but I think going to 76 stitches would be a bit more comfortable while still form-fitting.  I could have also gone another 10-20 rows on the leg, but I am worried about having enough yarn for two socks.

I started sock #2.  I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the year, so I can cast on my first sock for 12 Socks in 2012.

I sold another skein of yarn, so soon 200+ more yards will be gone.  Almost half a mile of yarn busted and the new year hasn't even started yet.

Christmas was nice.  Dale wanted to go to bed at 2pm yesterday because we told him Santa would come only when he was asleep.  He eventually dropped off at 8pm...only to get up at 5am, which isn't too bad except that I didn't fall asleep until 1am and was exhausted.  We compromised on 6:30am for the wake-up time.  Then it was a morning full of coffee, knitting, gifts and Ben-Hur.  Dale loved all of his LEGO and his new three-wheeled trike.  I received a nice dress watch which I really needed, because for the last three years my watch has been a $9 WalMart men's sport watch with Velcro closure.

It was a tough day because I really felt the absence of my family and friends.  Skype helped, so did a few text messages I sent and received.  Oh well.

Tomorrow's the start of a full work week.  The following week I need to get Dale to a dentist to address his front teeth--his two adult teeth are coming in behind his front baby tooth.  I think there's a pulling in his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment