Saturday, January 7, 2012

FO: Sock 15.0

Presenting Sock 15.0--Wales!


I finished them late last night. They're nice socks...except that I don't like how the cuff came out. I don't think using the small size 2 (2.75 mm) needles there and small size 1 (2.25 mm) needles on the rest was a good idea. I did it to accommodate my calves, but it didn't work out quite as planned. Instead I should have just ran with the 78 stitches on the leg and 72 on the foot. On the brighter side, because of how it came out, the cuff can easily be folded to make cuffed socks.

I was worried about not having enough Colinette Jitterbug, it being a 400 yard skein. I had plenty left over--I could have added another inch or two to the leg. I'll do that with the next pair of socks I knit in Jitterbug.

They fit well but could be a little snugger (mental note: more negative ease). The fabric is thick and sturdy, and they don't sag out of shape. I think for the next sock, I'll try the small size 1 needles and 68 stitches, or go to small size 2 and 64 stitches, like the January sock.

So this busts 400 more yards of stash. Total busted is still less than 1,000...patience. I will bust it in time. I'm not counting this as one of my 12 projects in 2012 or 12 socks in 2012, since I didn't start it in 2012.

Dale goes back to school next week...I'm ready for that. It's been great being home with him, but it's also time to get him settled back in school, especially since he's hounding me about going to the toy store. The boy receives several LEGO kits and toys from friends and family all month and the way he carries on, you'd think he only has a stick and a can to play with. The child is definitely a shopper. Anyhow, we promised him that this weekend, we would show him where his new school was, so he wouldn't be totally surprised.

I'm feeling pretty good lately...I've cut back on my alcohol intake. Actually, I've had none since the new year. It's nice to sleep better and wake up rested. It's also giving me more motivation to get things done, such as finishing up the FOs and getting the old posts moved to this blog. I still have 120 or so more to review and add.

1 comment:

  1. I am entering my previously-started projects, but am counting 2for1 (theoretically, if I had that many UFO's I'd strive for 24 instead of 12--theoretically.

    ReplyDelete