Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

May 2012 bring you and your families happiness and joy.  May the world also not end in December 2012...I don't think it will.  I think the Mayan calendar just ended when it ended and that's all there is to it.

I cast on the first of my twelve planned socks for this year (see 12 Socks in 2012 at Ravelry).  I'm naming them after each of the months, though I may not cast on/cast off that sock in that specific month.  I just plan to have 12 socks done by 12/31/2012.

So this is January's sock:
Looks more like a preemie cap than a sock right now.
This is Zitron Trekking XXL in a lovely pastel rainbow shade.  It's toe up and 64 stitches on the large US 1 (2.5 mm) needles.  One thing I am doing differently from most of my other socks is that this sock will have a pattern on its instep.  I selected Stansfield 12 from More Sensational Knitted Socks.  It's a simple pattern:  4 stitch and 8 row repeat, and wonderfully easy to memorize.  Since I had split the skein of yarn into two smaller skeins a while ago, I'm going to get an extra set of needles and cast on sock #2 immediately, and work on them side-by-side.  

I haven't decided on the heel type yet...I'll probably go with the short row.  I'm also not sure how high I'm going to take the leg.  When I originally bought this yarn, I had envisioned ankle socks...but I think I'm going to see how things go along with it.

I had a good week at work.  I have one more day and then I don't have any hours for a while...that's what happens when you work per-diem.  But that's all right:  Dale is out of school this week and we could definitely use some quality Mommy/Dale time.

No comments:

Post a Comment