Sunday, January 8, 2012

I am a little less in love with Colinette yarn than I was the other day. Sock 15.0 ran horribly when being washed, but that wasn't what dimmed my love. It was all the pills that had resulted from hand-washing and a quick machine spin-out. Seriously, you would have thought I machine-washed it from start to finish, it was so nubby.

Meanwhile, the Lion Brand Magic Stripes socks that I've had since 2008 and have indeed machine-washed in the past but now I hand-wash them, do not pill at all. In fact, after nearly 4 years of wearing and washing they have no signs of wear. That yarn is indestructible...so why Lion discontinued it, I'll never know.

I started Sock 2 of 12 (February) a little early, but I did promise that sock name and month knit during would not match up. I decided to make another pair of bed socks but this time in worsted wool and with more negative ease. I've chosen the Knit Picks Chroma Worsted in Smoothie and size 4 needles. Pattern is Stansfield 30 from More Sensational Knitted Socks. I've never before made a sock for myself that only used 50 stitches around.

Dale starts back at school tomorrow. As of right now I have the week off. Maybe I'll get February done during it.

No comments:

Post a Comment