Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So what's been going on in the few months...

  • I'm now pregnant with my second son.  Genetic testing has determined that all is well with him, at least as far as the big genetic problems are concerned.  Next month is the level 2 ultrasound to make sure all of the bits and pieces are there and functional.  Actually, I wasn't/aren't really worried about ASD as I was about genetic problems given my current age.  However, I'd be lying if I didn't say that the wonder of "will he also be spectrum?" hangs in my head...but I really can't do anything about it if he is.  Little guy is due in late February.
  • Was working two jobs, but had to drop one.  It was impossible to finish work, school, and take care of Dale...neverminding taking care of myself.  Now I work 3-4 days a week and spend the rest of the time doing schoolwork so I can finally finish this bachelor's degree.  I missed the morning sickness boat, thank God...but I have fallen victim to the "I feel like someone's constantly giving me Nyquil IV" curse.
  • School is progressing.  I'm doubling up on classes so I can graduate on time.  By the end of this semester, I will have two classes remaining, both of which are scheduled for after the baby's birth.  This doubling up hasn't been easy, but I have been pursuing this nursing degree for going on four years now:  it needs to be finished.  I've also decided that while the As are nice, I can live with Bs.  I haven't gotten one yet:  I think this history class may be my first one.  But surprisingly, I'm more OK with that now than I would have been a year ago.
  • Knitting fell by the wayside while I slogged through the last few months.  I've started picking it up again.  I'm still working to get the nephew's baby blanket done so I can get to work on my own baby's gear.
  • I've given up on the 12 Socks in 2012.  I got 6 started/finished, which wasn't bad, I think.
  • I've also given up on the Cold Sheeping once I found out I was pregnant.  Actually, I only fell off the wagon once, when I learned that I was pregnant.  But I decided that with my second--and last--baby on the way, I deserved to be able to have the freedom to yarn shop back.  Surprisingly, I've only done it once sine then.  To be honest, I may have fallen off of the wagon twice, but I can't recall if I bought yarn when I went to visit friends back east.  If I did fall off during that trip, it was before I learned about the pregnancy.
  • I'm still working on busting 50 miles of stash though (88000 yards).  I recently broke 9000.  Most of it has been busted through sales, which I'm not complaining about.  
  • I've decided to start scaling back on my Ravelry and Yahoo yarn groups.  I was looking at my inbox the other day and saw several thousand unread messages from groups I've hardly visited or participated in.  Same with Ravelry.  I think that--along with the rest of my life--had a lot to do with why I wasn't participating as much online as I used to:  I just had too much stuff to sort through.  So I'm culling the herd, dropping groups that I've never/rarely used.  I figure if I want/need to rejoin them again, I can.  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your second son, and good luck with the studies!

    ReplyDelete