Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Another pair of socks finished, and year 1 of the stash bust ends

Finished the March 2012 pair of socks...finally:

Part of the 12 Socks in 2012 challenge
I'm not sure how I feel about the Crock-O-Dye yarn.  The texture of the yarn is wonderful but the variegation is just too busy.  The Stansfield 16 pattern breaks it up but the pattern gets lost with the variegation.  They feel great on my feet though.

I don't think I'll actually finish 12 socks in 2012.  I have cast on 9 of them, and so far finished 5.  I did cast on two pair this week:  the annual birthday sock and another pair of bed socks...the latter of which may actually get finished this month.  I also found a baby sock that I cast on sometime in September and forgot about.  That may get finished this month too.  But we'll see.

For my birthday, my parents got me a gift card for my local yarn store.  As tempted as I am to go shopping now, I'm going to wait--or try to--until next year.  I'll see what types of yarn they have that would make good baby gear.

It's also the first anniversary of my attempt to bust 50 miles of stash.   To date, I have busted 15478 yards (8.79 miles).  Most of that was from sales via Ravelry...but I'm not complaining.  This year, I'd like to see more yardage used in finished objects than via sales.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your stash-bustin' endeavors--I'm on the same quest--over 20,000 metres, a bit of it was yarn provided by client for commissioned work, but most from stash. I'm going for another year (one yarn purchase, maybe--a reward for finishing a detailed Fairisle sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant 20,000 metres in 2012. Goin' for more next year.

      Delete