Monday, November 24, 2014

Cleaning house

I destashed 11,322 yards of yarn this month.  A few skeins were sold, and the rest are going with me to my knitting group to let them go though it.  Anything leftover is going to Goodwill on the way home.   I decided that there was some yarn that I just never was going to use no matter what, and that it needed to get out of here so I can focus on the yarn and projects that I do plan to get to.

I'm also going to try--try--not to buy more yarn until I made a good dent in what I do have here.  I think having too much yarn makes it hard to get motivated to do projects because there's too many things I want to do.  I also have some yarn that I know I bought for projects but for the life of me can't remember what those projects are.  If I do buy more yarn, I'm documenting notes as to what it's going to be for before.

I also left a lot of Ravely groups and Yahoo lists, and unsubscribed from a lot of blogs.  I'm going to start being more selective in what I join, and more active in the groups I do become a part of.  And I'm going to read more of whoever I do decide to follow.

I'm scrapping some WIPs that are just not going to get finished.  I'm going to limit how many WIPs I have going at one time.

I'm going to try to update this more as well.  This is going to be the hardest, between work and kids and life.  It's not going to be so much about knitting and crochet anymore as it's going to be a place where I can dump whatever's on my mind.

1 comment: